Monday 4 July 2016

A Crumb of Remembrance - Week Twenty-Seven



This is week 27...I think!
It is getting more and more difficult to keep track
now that I can no longer use my ten nimble fingers 
and ten tiny toes.
This week I intended to keep it simple....


....and in memory of the July first 100th anniversary
of the beginning of the Battle of the Somme.
Too many young lives lost on just the first day
Devastating

I learnt this week that the blue Cornflower
is the flower of remembrance in France.

5 comments:

  1. Very appropriate. There's really nothing we can say on such an anniversary, is there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Les français dont je fais partie ne devront jamais oublier que d'autres peuples sont venus mourir chez nous pour la liberté. Merci

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely piece. Did you see the all the shrouded figures that made up the installation in Bristol? So moving. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's additional symbolism in the layers I think - the rows of crosses come to mind.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your thoughts are most welcome.